Tuesday, June 8, 2010

In the Interest of Fairness

So, I used Apple as a whipping boy the other day, because the company sometimes charges you to speak to customer service.

It turns out that iPhone support costs money, but iTunes support doesn't. Why that is, I don't know. Because my problem involved downloading a song to my phone, it could fall under either umbrella.

I was able to figure out the solution on my own, but today I got a very friendly, very thoughtful, and very thorough e-mail back from iTunes support. And they're even giving me two free song credits for my troubles.

This makes me happy as a customer, but it makes my prior blog post a bit less compelling now.

1 comment:

Josh Hattersley said...

There's a reason Apple has topped Consumer Reports tech support rankings for some time:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/08/06/apple.tops.tech.sup.ranks/